This winter is panning out to be a tough one on our immune systems...and it's not even February yet! This tea is easily made with just 4 ingredients and is packed with flavor and health benefits - it also smells delicious! Though we're not doctors, we believe in the power of this winter elixir!
- Ginger: Ginger packs a lot of punch - this ingredient is known for alleviating nausea, promotes healthy sweating which is great when you're battling a cold or flu, and also helps boost your immune system.
- Lemon: Lemon has been known to help treat a variety of ailments including cold and fever, throat infections and indigestion. Lemons are an excellent source of the powerful antioxidant Vitamin C.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is said to help fight bacteria and reduce inflamation. It also helps add delicious flavor!
- Honey: Honey works wonders when you're battling a sore throat. Using a local honey also helps boost your immunity to local flowering plants & their pollens.
Lemon Ginger Tea (Makes 1 Serving)
- 2 cups water
- lemon slices
- 6-8 thin slices of ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick
- honey (to taste)
In a sauce pan, combine water, lemon, ginger and cinnamon. Simmer for 20-30 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into a mug, straining out cinnamon, lemon & ginger. Add honey to your liking. Enjoy!